Saturday, December 10, 2016

6 weeks 2 days



The early part of week six has been exhausting!

I'm a single mom for two weeks because my husband is away for some training and we've been sick. First it was head cold and a cough, then I got the call from daycare on Monday afternoon that my son was throwing up. Yup, stomach flu for my one year old.

That night he woke up at 1 am and was crying having rolled in vomit. His entire crib had to be stripped, washed and remade and he needed a bath. Then I ended up with the flu on Tuesday afternoon. I started throwing up and really have not stopped, because all day morning sickness has kicked in. I throw up once or twice a day. Usually in the parking ramp in the morning because I can't stand the smell of the place. (I know it's terrible! I gag all the way to my office.)

So, the week has felt like a marathon.

Then on Friday morning, I started spotting. (I also got some minor, tingly cramps that lasted all day.)
I spotted at this time with my first pregnancy, but this bout was a little more severe. With my son, it was a watery brownish discharge. This time it was a watery pink/red and there was more of it. Not enough to fill a panty liner, but enough to set my frazzled brain on edge. I worked a half day that day and then went home and napped all afternoon before picking my son up from daycare. (I missed out on my office Christmas Party, but I would not have had fun if I stayed.)

It's Saturday night and the spotting has stopped. I'm so grateful! Now I've got heartburn :( :( I'll take that over spotting though.

I guess somewhere around 80% of FET pregnancies experience spotting. I knew it could happen to me again, but you never like to see red when you whip when you're pregnant. Scary. Scary.

I can't wait for my husband to get home because I've been doing way more lifting of my son than I would be doing if he were here. On Friday morning I stood holding him for around 5 minutes, because he was having a rough morning and he just wanted to be held and swayed. I think the extra lifting might be part of the reason for the spotting.

I hope it's gone, never to return this pregnancy!

We have our ultrasound this upcoming Friday - I will be 7 weeks 1 day pregnant.

Every new day I wake up pregnant is a miracle. Thanking God. Please pray for a healthy sustained pregnancy for us and a good ultrasound this week.

Praying for all of you on this journey.

xo Jill

1 comment: