Thursday, December 29, 2016

9 weeks


Merry belated Christmas!! And Happy New Year!

We made it through Christmas. We saw both sides of our families. It was a joyful and exhausting experience.

Logan is right at the age where he doesn't like to sit still and gets into absolutely everything. None of the houses we were at were baby proofed. So one of us was always chasing after the baby and making him put down whatever breakable he currently had in hand.

How lucky I am to get to chase after my baby.

We are 9 weeks pregnant today.

We had an ultrasound on Tuesday that went good. Baby was measuring right on track if not even a little a head. The baby had a heart rate of 147. My doctor refuses to use the stronger ultrasound that will calculate the heart rate automatically so we all spent twenty seconds staring at the ultrasound screen counting the baby's flickering heartbeat. Then we all tried to do the math in our heads for what the actual heart rate was. It was moving for me to calculate such an important number. The number of times my baby's heart was beating in that minute.

I've been throwing up and gagging pretty much every day. Yesterday I barfed on the street corner while waiting for the light to turn. It was in the AM and still dark so I don't think anyone saw me.

I'm starting to show a little bit - either that or I'm really bloated. With my first pregnancy I really didn't start to show until 12-13 weeks.

Praying for all of you on this journey.

xo Jill


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I love your blog! I'm preparing for a FET in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie! I'm excited for your FET in February! Sending prayers.

      Delete
  2. I totally had to so the same chasing everywhere we went, it was all a blur really. I hate that you are feeling bad but super excited to know the pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear someone else has the same shared experience. My husband and I were talking about how exhausting it all is last night. He said he was super worn out too. We know it's going to get better. I hope I start feeling better once I get past the first trimester. Thank you for all your well wishes and Happy New Year!!

      Delete